Saturday, January 2, 2010

Twenty Ten

It is that time of the year again when everybody starts making new year resolutions in the hope of becoming a better person. I have stopped this annual practice many, many years ago. I used to be just like everyone else, listing down all the do's and the don't's with great enthusiasm. but alas, the longest it lasted was just about a month. I think it takes an enormous amount of self-discipline to really abide by the rules that you set for yourself. I have great admiration for all those who were able to achieve all the goals that they set for themselves.

Unfortunately, I do not fall into that successful category. After failing so many times, I decided to go about achieving my goals for the year in a more subtle way. The key to success, I think, is to avoid being over zealous in your endeavour to achieve whatever you strive for. For example, if you decide to shed a few pounds, don't go overboard by starving yourself, or by punishing yourself with gruelling exercises. You'll end up a sad and miserable loser. I have been there, I know what I am talking about. A little bit of everything goes a long, long way.

So, for all those readers out there who have a neat and tidy list of new year resolutions, take heed. You will only savour sweet success if you approach your goals slowly and gently. After all, you have one whole year to achieve them.

GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY NEW YEAR.

No comments:

Post a Comment